»

Sunday, June 17, 2007

This Weekend....

This weekend we attended a surprise 40th birthday party for one of my husband's cousins. My husband has an enormous extended family, and all of them gathered (or more like crammed) at one of the matriarchal aunt's homes where the party was held.

Visiting with my husband's family is always a two edged sword. I absolutely love spending time with them, and I think it's tremendously important for my young daughters to get to know them, and appreciate their large family. On the downfall, visiting with my husband's family is always a painful reminder of what my family is not. My husbands family is centred on exactly that- "family". They are a loyal bunch, with deep ties to one another. There is no judgement, only support.

This weekend we hung out with my husbands family, but my heart was wilting.

0 comments: