»

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Just Delivered!

Two years ago I applied to the British Columbia Lions Society to participate in their Spirit Bear public art program.

Some bears have been on display for quite sometime, and I have been moping, as my proposal was not one selected. I hadn't been overly impressed with the originality of the finished pieces I had seen, which only increased my sense of rejection.

But this morning, I received a telephone call. Another artist fell through, am I still interested in participating? I didn't even have to think and my face morphed into a wild-eyed grin of the Cheshire Cat.

Less than two hours later, my six foot tall fibre glass Kermode Spirit Bear was delivered. I am hoping to have it completed within two weeks.

Will keep you posted on my progress.

4 comments:

Outsider Art In A Box said...

Way to go girlfriend!!!!

things are in fly mode for u

u go girl
Rhonda

majamom said...

oh KRYSTIN!! How exciting! Do post your day by day progress. THe mother Bear is my animal totem-I so look forwad to seeing your progress!!
XO
MB

Anonymous said...

good for you my friend!
love
e

Anonymous said...

The bear looks incredible! There were lots of tourists stopping to give high-five's when we went by. Had to wait in line to get a picture.