»

Friday, May 19, 2006

Today's poetic offering

You Ought To Know:

You ought to know, I walk with the shadow of mental illness

You ought to know, I resent its constant presence

You ought to know, I hate the stigmas and labels

You ought to know, it’s been with me longer than anyother

You ought to know, my illness is my worst enemy.

You ought to know, I can function regardless of your presence

You ought to know, I may struggle, but will not surrender

You ought to know, I will not let you defeat me

You ought to know, your grasp on me is lessoning

You ought to know, your control over my life is an illusion

You ought to know, your influence is diminishing

You ought to know, it’s time to walk in my shadow

You ought to know, your time has run out

You ought to know, you are no longer welcome

And so it is time for you to go, but before you do

You ought to know, you will not be missed.

2 comments:

Phill Weber said...

Krystin, the boldness of your words is a refreshing antidote to the peripheral babble of daily life. Few people express themselves so honestly.

Kim said...

(((Krystin))) I completely get how you're feeling. The good news is that it gets better. My daughter, who is extremely creative & artistic, has been on meds for bipolar disorder for the past 7 years. It does take some tweaking but it is so worth it. I'm saying healing prayers for you.

Namaste,
Kim