»

Friday, September 30, 2011

Work In Progress

If you were to walk into my kitchen right now, you'd know something was certainly up.

For sitting atop a folding table is three quarters of a human form. Upright.

I am in the process of creating a papier-mache sculpture to the exact measurements of my youngest daughter Rowan, aged 7.

The final goal to be a life sized figure of my seven year old daughter. Spray painted white. Then covered in one year's worth of used syringes. Syringes required everyday as life sustaining therapy to my wee daughter, who is a type one diabetic.

Think that'll make a statement?

Until then... everytime I walk into the kitchen (unfortunately) I see this looming figure and it scares the junk outta me. You'd think with all the time I've put into the project thus far, I'd remember it was there.

1 comments:

harada57 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.