»

Tuesday, November 09, 2010

A Tribute To The Tick-Tick-Ticking Of My Biological Clock

Now don't get me wrong. I am not completely baby-crazy. I love and adore the two little girls that I have the privellege of calling my daughters. But somewhere, deep amidst the biological ooze, my cells seem to have been stamped with the biblical quote "be fruitful, and multiply....".

I have known for quite sometime that I am finished with the baby days of my lifetime. Until the day that I am bestowed with grandchildren. However, my womb sometimes mourns that it will never feel the movement of another child growing. I look at my beautiful little girls and wonder about the son that I always wanted, but never arrived.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't trade my children or my life for anything. So I'm amazed how strongly some of us are programmed to breed. Let's face it, since my youngest was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes in August I am more than done! Prince Charming could gallop along my side on his steed, promising the sun, the moon and the stars, and I still wouldn't have the time or interest for a baby. Who can have a baby when you're testing blood sugars four times a day and wrestling a six year old to the ground twice a day to administer an insulin injection.

So here it is. My tribute to my biological clock. Long may it tick! But could it please do so quietly???















0 comments: