»

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Ugh

Let me begin by sharing my mortification of even having to post this. It's amazing what we will resort to for our children.

My daughter Rowan (6) was admitted to BC Children's Hospital August 9th with diabetic katone acidosis. There is no family history of diabetes within our clan, so when she began acting strangely, diabetes didn't even register on my radar. Fortunately (maybe miraculously) it was finally recognized for what it was, and she was rushed to the hospital where emergency staff advised that if I had waited a mere four hours later, she would have likely fallen into a coma, and possibly passed away.

I can't even begin to express what our hospital stay was like, but I am forever grateful for the physical and emotional care offered at BC Children's Hospital.

Needless to say, I have not been able to work since August 9th. Rowan requires glucose monitoring four times a day, and insulin injections twice a day. Trust me, she fights them off like a wildcat, and as she gets healthier, she gets stronger, and I am still just the bad guy. Giving her needless to keep her healthy, let alone alive.

Unfortunately, I am ELEVEN HOURS SHORT of being able to receive an EI Claim!!! I do not qualify for social assistance, or any other social programs at this time.

As much as I am embarassed to ask, I hope friends and family may be in a situation to make a small donation to this "Rowan fund" so that I can continue to focus on keeping things stable with her health, and our home. Any drastic changes will have her feeling as though it is all her fault, and as it is, right now, we are all still mourning the loss of a healthy happy child.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this plea. I appreciate your understanding and compassion that this step is nothing I take lightly.

Sincerely,
Krystin, Trinity and Rowan






0 comments: