»

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

My "New" Enchanted Space


As some of you may know, I have taken the endeavour of establishing an in-house art studio.
Imagine how overwhelming that would be. Before, my art supplies and other chaotic creative clutter had always been limited to half of a bedroom.
Wow! Pardon me as I pick myself off the floor. Sorry if you don't understand, but this is a lifetime goal of mine- to have an art studio.
So I have had the space for nearly a month, and it has slowly evolved into a functioning art space.
So here are the pictures to share with
you. Oddly enough, I feel as though I am introducing a new child.
I had been lucky enough to have the assistance of a good friend O. who came over to be of organizing assistance when I was completely overwhelmed and drowning in a pile of unsorted ephemera.
Then, in time, I of course had to Google it. Yes, I am a Google-junkie, but more on that another time.
I encountered a blog who described someone's studio as a combination of a magical apothecary and an artist studio. I had never seen this studio, but that was going to be the inspiration for mine. The magical mystical apothecary art studio!
I also encountered a website that suggested decorating boxes to COVER a sewing machine. I thought- if you can cover a sewing machine, I can cover my box of odds and ends that my girls are always trying to raid. So you will also see my before and after. The cat is in the before.
Why didn't someone tell me sooner you could just cover mess with a decorated cardboard box?!? And how big a cardboard box am I going to need to hide my daughters' bedroom?
Now that I'm done in the studio, it's time to conquer the rest of the house. I'm going to need alot more cardboard boxes :)
Thanks for stopping by!
peace












































































0 comments: