»

Monday, February 26, 2007

Newest Shrine Creations




























I was fortunate enough to be the lucky recipient of the above birdcage. I only wish I had taken a picture of the original cage before I altered it, while it was structurally beautiful, it was a hideous golden pea green colour.


From a papier-mache mannequin form, I created a plaster replica, added wings, and voila- my birdcage pixie with clipped wings!


I have decided to call it Cecil's Birdcage, after the gentlemen who provided the cage itself. Thanks again so much Cecil! I loved working on the project.



4 comments:

PennyBlue said...

WAY COOL! I love this!! You do some really great pieces!
Thanks for stoppin by. Will add you to my links, once I get the time to update.

LadyTulip said...

~~~ This is jus' too much!! ~~~

I'd love to find something like this...I saw one of these in one of those hisoric homes one time..was on a tour --

Looks like you had a good time with this!!

Fun!!

lauri

carmilevy said...

You are unbelievably gifted with creativity. It's inspiring to see how you craft something stunning out of something somewhat less so.

My only artistic weapons are a pen and a camera, and seeing the results of your work inspires me to somehow raise the level of my own game.

Krystin Clark said...

Never underestimate the power of a camera and a pen, my friend.

Creative Wishes for the NOW

K