»

Monday, December 19, 2005

Nearing 2006

As 2005 draws near a close, I find myself wondering where I will find myself at this time next year. Who I will meet? Who I will lose? How I will grow? What I will learn? What I will have taught? More excitingly, what will I do that I've never done before? And how will I have furthered my art career?

This past year I leapt past hurdles, smashed through blocks, as I submitted many a proposal, helped many a fundraising effort, and had fun in the process.
As long as I am still having fun in this pursuit of art, I know I am still on the right path.

Before moving on to identify the creative actions I want to take in 2006, I took a moment to appreciate the efforts I had made throughout the year.

  • had a professional title slide created and have slides of my work on display at 5th Ave Cinemas, Vancouver BC Canada.
  • Successfully coordinated the 2005 Kitsilano Artists In Our Midst
  • Arranged for solo exhibition at Cuppa Joe Coffee for one month.
  • Began maximizing my blogspace to promote my artwork.
  • submitted a proposal to a call for artists for the Granville Island Cultural Society.
  • Participated in the 19th Annual Granville Island Garbage Can Art Contest and Auction, and raised $110 for BC Children's Hospital.
  • met Jim Byrns and helped raise money for a heritage house society.
  • donated a painting to be auctioned for the Children's Wish Network.
  • Became a member of the Alliance For Arts and Culture
  • Applied to the Kitsilano Community Centre for their Artist In Residence position.
  • Earned a private commission

Eleven things I did to promote myself and my art. Eleven things that I didn't even consciously set out to achieve throughout 2005. Imagine the unlimited potential that disciplined marketing and promotion will bring me next year.

Thanks for stopping by.

Creative Wishes,

Krystin

0 comments: